Although we live in era when any types of foods are available and affordable for us, many men cannot stick to healthy diet for this or that reason. Ideally, we are supposed to eat unprocessed vegetables and fruits and low-fat meat, but sometimes there is no time for cooking and having a substantial meal. This is why a modern man often lacks vitamins, what affects health and well-being. What microelements are the most important for male health, and where they can be obtained from?
- Risk factors of vitamin deficiency
A man can lack basic nutritive components due to the following reasons:
- poor diet with insufficient amount of fruits and vegetables;
- elderly age, what affects metabolic rate and appetite, makes up for low concentration of digestive juices;
- being a vegetarian, or vegan;
- food allergies that can eliminate intake of some certain products;
- being underweight and eating low amount of foods;
- recovering from a disease, what affects absorption of nutrients from digestive tract;
- intake of medications that can block some vitamins.
- Why do we need vitamins?
These components are essential for normal body functioning, because they:
- promote work of cells;
- encourage development and growth of tissues and organs;
- absorb other nutrients;
- boost immune system and improve general well-being.
Ideally, men should get vitamins from food they eat – additives and supplements are recommended in case of dire lack of components. However, pills can be used to prevent diseases and improve health.
- What vitamins do men primarily need?
Of course, it is always better to consume foods with the while range of vitamins from A to Z, but there are some components men need above all others.
Vitamin D helps to produce testosterone, prevent depression and brain disorders, keep cholesterol and blood pressure under control.
Vitamin K is essential for keeping bones strong, maintain fast blood clotting, and fighting with heart diseases.
Antioxidant vitamins (A, E, C) reduce damage from radiation, preventing aging and development of cancer.
Vitamin B12 is needed to prevent heart diseases and harmful eating habits, improves mood and helps liver to get free from fat. Although most men get enough of it from food, sometimes older males are prescribed pills.
Magnesium regulates the level of potassium, calcium and sodium, relieves headaches, heart diseases and muscle spasms.
Potassium is necessary to sustain health of heart.
- What are the best vitamin pills?
If a man wants to boost the level of vitamins in his body to feel better and improve resistance to diseases, he can buy food supplements – this is a good preventive measure, and an easy source of nutrients. Here is the list of most popular and effective products on western market:
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code For Men
- GNC Mega Men Energy & Metabolism
- GNC Mega Men
- NOW Foods Adam Men’s Multivitamin
- Rainbow Light Men’s One
There are many over-the-counter remedies that contain natural extracts and components, supplying a man with many essential vitamins. Most often, such pills can be purchased in online stores.
Mind that a course should last not more than 6 months. Otherwise, your body forgets how to absorb vitamins from usual foods, and fruits and veggies become less useful. It is very useful to drink pills when being ill, or preparing to cold seasons and infection outbreaks – they provide great boost for immune system.
Sufficient amount of vitamins is essential for keeping healthy and resisting different diseases. Now you know which vitamins are most important for men, and which pills can really help to sustain their level.