The prostate gland (prostate) – an organ located below the bladder, surrounding the urethra. It has dimensions of about 30 x 40 x 20 mm and a weight of 15-20, consists of two parts and is shaped like a chestnut. The prostate is composed of muscle and glandular tissues. The glandular tissue produces prostatic fluid (prostatic fluid). Prostatic juice, together with a secret seminal vesicle forms the bulk of semen volume, sperm supply needed to supply and activation of substances.
In addition, the prostate gland is involved in the development and exchange of male sex hormones, which in turn not only provides male sexual function, but also the entire metabolism in a man, therefore, the function of all organs and systems in the male body. Therefore, the statement of Greek doctors that the prostate gland – the second man’s heart, and remains relevant today.
Frequently Prostate Disease
Depending on the degree of inflammation of the body temperature can reach 39-40° C, although it may remain normal.
This disease requires:
- immediate treatment to the urologist and adequate treatment;
- when acute, prostatitis prognosis is generally favorable;
- if the necessary treatment is started promptly, it is good.
However, in severe cases, with late onset of antibiotic therapy, can form an abscess of the prostate gland, which requires surgical treatment, as a transition of acute inflammation in chronic.
Earlier the disease is detected, the sooner you can start productive treatment. In the presence of the disease, cannot be delayed diagnosis and treatment, if the doctor has ordered an urgent requirement.
Chronic prostatitis can be infectious and noninfectious. The cause of infectious prostatitis is any kind of pathogen that causes inflammation in the prostate gland healthy. When it is non-infectious prostatitis, the main reason of disease is the appearance of stagnation, such as poor circulation and drainage of prostatic acini.
- Although the disease occurs due to age-related changes, it should not be taken as inevitable or normal state.
- Especially it is not necessary to self, many of the widely advertised supplements “plant extract” and homeopathic remedies, “absorbable adenoma”, in fact, generally have not been suitable for clinical trials and provide no beneficial effect other than psychological.
- Micturition disorders, caused by BPH can lead to a violation of the outflow of urine from the bladder and kidneys; promote the development of urinary tract infections, the formation of urinary stones and kidney failure.
Modern methods of treatment of BPH are diverse and highly effective, the choice of treatment depends on the stage of the disease and adenoma size. They are divided into medical and surgical. Timely diagnosis and drug treatment of the disease will stop the prostate growth and avoid surgery. Development primarily medical method led to that operated in the US up to 20% of patients with BPH. However, the operation is shown completely in some cases. In the selection of the optimal method for you the decisive role is playing qualification of the doctor. Prostate cancer cannot be prevented; at least prophylaxis has not yet been developed.
Symptoms of the disease – usually a urinary disorder, similar to symptoms of prostatitis and BPH, appear in the later stages of the disease. Prostate cancer cure is possible in case of detection of disease at an early stage. This is done through regular urological examinations, which must take place every healthy man after 40 years 1 time in 6 months. The survey is conducted on an outpatient basis (no need to go to the hospital) it does not take a lot of time and material resources.